Are you wildly creative, got every stitch down, and dreaming of being South Africa’s next hot fashion designer? Mzansi Magic and Ndalo Pictures in association with 4th STREET Wines (The fastest growing wine brand in the world) are looking for fashion designers who are going to shine as they proudly present South Africa’s first ever version of Project Runway.
So, could it be you?
Project Runway SA is looking for 12 South African fashion designers to compete against each other for their big break into the fashion industry. The winner gets to go to Paris Fashion Week in February 2019 to showcase as a pop-up. Furthermore, the winner’s designs will be showcased in Edgar’s stores for 3 months.
Just like the original hit reality show in the US, designers will be challenged to create garments restricted by time, materials, and theme, with designs judged by a panel. There will be drama, there will be challenges, and there will be bold pops of local flair. Make no mistake: the expectations are high. And the possibilities: endless.
Previous Project Runway winners have been able to focus on fashion full-time, they’ve featured in numerous magazines, travelled the world showing their work, created their own collections, and launched their own fashion lines.
Who could resist the opportunity to be a part of all that?
So if you can design and make your own creations, enter now on www.mzansimagic.tv/projectrunway
See below for full entry criteria.
Only the most promising designers will be selected. The designers who make the shortlist will then be interviewed telephonically. Those who make the telephonic cut will then need to pass a skills test and go for an on camera interview. Because it’s not just about your creative voice, talent and personality is everything in the world of fashion. This is your opportunity to claim your spot.
Entries Close on 28 March 2018.
If you’ve been selected for an on camera interview, you’ll be notified by 2 April 2018.
- You must be able to design and make your own creations.
- You must be a legal South African resident.
- You must be 21 years or older.
- You may not be in public office (i.e. someone who holds a legislative, administrative, or judicial position of any kind, whether appointed or elected).
- You may not be employed by, or directly related to a person employed by Mzansi Magic, Ndalo Pictures, Rapid Blue, 4th STREET Wines, Edgars, TRESemmé, Menlyn Park Shopping Centre or Lexus.
- You must be available during all stages of production.
- You must be willing to travel and live away from home for the duration of the recording period.
- You must agree to background and medical checks.
- You may not have exceeded R100, 000/year in gross sales from your own line as a fashion designer within the past three years.
- You must be prepared to sign a release form to appear on Project Runway SA broadcast.
Mzansi Magic, Ndalo Pictures and their production partners Rapid Blue are all geared up to bring the first local version of the series to DStv, channel 161 in July this year; in association with 4th STREET Wines – Headline Sponsor for Project Runway South Africa 2018.
Other sponsors include Edgars as the apparel and beauty sponsor, TRESemmé is the official hair care sponsor, Menlyn Park Shopping Centre the venue, and Lexus is the exclusive luxury auto marketing partner.