It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday the 11th of May and we’ve put together a list of things we would like for our mother figures to receive on this very special day.
There is no denying that our mother figures don’t always get the credit they deserve. Having raised us, clothed us, schooled us and being there for our emotional meltdowns, mother figures are the real- life superheroes. So if you have a mom that’s your momager, aunt, grandma, two dads as moms, unle, a friend, godmother, cousin or sister that you feel deserves the best on this special day, then take a look at the list our ELLE team put together for gifting inspiration.
Sithasolwazi Kentane – Fashion Assistant
Lufuno Ramadwa – Multimedia Producer
Busi Manunga – Beauty Assistant
1) Crabtree and Evelyn Memories Made Diffuser. Memories are made at home… with mom. I’m loving Crabtree and Evelyn’s modern home diffusers where each diffuser is made for a specific room in the house. Crabtree and Evelyn’s Memories Made diffuser, created for the lounge, reminds me of cosy nights on the couch watching rom-coms with mom and is the perfect gift for Mother’s Day.
2) Calvin Klein’s Euphoria Amber Gold EDP – Calvin Klein’s Euphoria Amber Gold is a beautiful oriental fragrance perfect for moms looking something a little sweet and powdery but compelling as well. With top notes of Mandarin orange, plum and rose mixed with a base notes of amber, vanilla and sandalwood, this scent is an exquisite blend of sophisticated scents.
3) Glamglow Glittermask – I love having fun with my mom and nothing is as cool and Instagram-worthy as Glamglow’s Glittermask. It’s a must-buy for amazing skin and for bonding with mom.
Palesa Kgasane – Content Producer
There would be no life without mothers and those who step in to take that maternal role. On this particular day, we ought to celebrate and spoil them. It doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg, it really is the thought that counts!
1) A handwritten letter and flowers- We aren’t all writers and that’s okay, letters are special because they are personal. It doesn’t have too be too lengthy, just a few paragraphs saying thank you and acknowledging their selfless effort. Add a bouquet or get one delivered if you aren’t in the same city as your loved one. Shop Netflorist’s mother’s day options here.
2) A shopping voucher for their favourite store– Take away the pressure of having to choose something (and potentially getting it wrong) by giving mom the choice to get whatever she wants, most retailers offer gift cards ranging from beauty to homeware. Depending on what you can afford.
I know my mom loves décor, so a gift card from Mr P home would be great and not so heavy on the pockets. Get it here.
3) A spa day and lunch at a hotel – No one can so no to a day of pampering! The Radisson Blu Hotels and Armani Spas in Cape Town for example, offer a variety of packages which include massages and the famous Himalayan Salt Room. This is a great opportunity for mom to be pampered and then treated to a delicious lunch. Book your experience here.
1) Scent spoil: A nostalgic nod to the original Gucci Bloom (ELLE International beauty award winner 18!). Gucci Bloom Acqua Di Fiori is fresh and fantastic with its new addition of watery accords: green Galbanum and Cassis buds for some spice. Original Gucci Bloom’s Jasmine buds, Rangoon Creeper and Tuberose at the heart of the fragrance all swirl into a sensual base of musk and sandalwood – delicious!
2) Winter skin saviour: Nuxe Reve De Miel Face & Body Ultra-Rich cleansing gel. Pamper mom with a practical (yet luxurious) pressie that will help her skin beat the winter chill. Perfect for the face and body, this rich cleansing gel contains soothing and softening honey and Sunflower that won’t leave her skin high and dry this season.
3) Boost her mood: Cowshed Wild Cow Night In. A bit of R&R, a candlelit bath and yummy uplifting scents go a long way in boosting someone’s mood and make their day – this cute gift set is filled with invigorating Lemongrass, Ginger and Rosemary essential oils in a set containing a Wild Cow Invigorating Bath & Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Bath & Body Oil and 2 Mini Candles – yum!