The 33-year-old has come under fire from fans who aren’t impressed she’s encouraging people to try to appear slimmer.
As we all know, all bodies – be them slim, curvy, bumpy or covered in ‘tiger stripes’ – are beautiful and deserve to be celebrated.
And for someone who has publicly spoken out against trolls who criticise her weight and admitted she was repeatedly told her size was hurting her family’s ‘brand’, we’re somewhat shocked Khloé Kardashian is providing tips on how to appear skinny to her fans.
On Friday, the mother-to-be – who just celebrated her baby shower – promoted an article on her app featuring ‘hacks’ to look ‘think AF’, writing on Twitter: ‘I got you boos!!’
I got you boos!! 😉 https://t.co/9iIWetwvkC
— Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 9, 2018
In the piece titled ‘5 Hacks to Look Thin AF in Photos’, the reality star gives fans advice on what to wear, what to avoid and how to pose for pictures.
‘Dolls, you know I’ve never met a filter I didn’t like and I don’t hate on Photoshop, but there are even more stealth ways to look like you have a sick bod in pics,’ Khloe writes.
‘My tips really work, too!’ Khloe continues. ‘Study up below and get ready for your Insta comments to blow the f*ck up, lol!’
It’s no surprise the star’s fans have taken to her Twitter page to highlight how damaging the 33-year-old’s ‘advice’ are to men and women’s perception of beauty.
i get what you said but this is actually for people who need self confidence. we all know it’s not a pic who will change our whole body but just let us feel more confident about it in some poses. There is nothing wrong in this
— chelsie 8 (@kindaachels) March 9, 2018
‘Why don’t you try and use your platform to encourage people to be themselves?’ one person wrote on Twitter
Another wrote: ‘This is so problematic. Influencers like you should be promoting people loving themselves instead of trying to change their appearance for photos. I expected better.
‘How about hacks to loving yourself as you are?’ aptly wrote another.
Khloé’s post is at odds with her recently-released clothing brand, Good American, which described itself as a ‘full and inclusive size range’.
On the company’s website, Khloé says: ‘It wasn’t about having a new denim line. It was about doing something that empowers other women, something that’s going to break down barriers.’
Sadly, her latest tips on how to appear slim are anything but empowering.
The tips include:
1. Hide Behind You Squad: Khloé sadly advises her fans to hide behind their friends in photos. She writes that you can ‘literally halve yourself’ by ‘strategically’ getting close to your BFFs.
2. Have the Photographer Shoot From Above: She adds that you should only allow the person taking the picture of you to shoot from above because it’s the ‘only flattering angle’.
3. Stick Out Your Chin: She then instructs her fans to stick out their chin in photos and ‘just say no to double-chin vibes!’
4. Use Your Arms and Shoulders: ‘Hands on hips,’ Khloe writes. ‘Bonus points if you angle sideways and use your camera-facing arm. Shoulders back and away from ears. Always.’
5. Wear Black and Vertical Stripes: Lastly, Khloé advises people to avoid wearing prints and horizontal stripes in photos because they ‘add instant bulk.’
Other hacks included spray-tans, crossing your legs at your angles ‘so your thighs and calves look super slim’ and putting a bag over your belly.
While we can’t applaud Khloé enough in recent months for proudly showing off her pregnancy curves, we’re saddened to see her encouraging her fans to live up to unrealistic beauty standards.
Instead, we want to be seeing celebrities like Khloé using her far-reaching social media platforms to promote body positivity – much like models Ashley Graham and Iskra Lawrence –, emphasising that one size doesn’t fit all and beauty is more than just a clothing size.