Celebrity hairstylist Bridget Brager shares her 6 simple steps to get Kate Bosworth’s sleek Golden Globes chignon updo.
I was inspired by Kate’s pink Dolce & Gabbana Couture gown. The dress was such a statement that I felt a sleek, modern glam style was the perfect compliment.
Get The Look:
1. On damp hair, I used a dime sized amount of light treatment oil for smoothness and shine.
2. To create lots of volume, hold and lift, I applied root boost to Kate’s roots and layered on thickening lotion – raking it from root to tip with my fingers.
3. Using a boar bristle round brush, I blow dried the hair in large sections creating volume.
4. For the style, I began by creating a natural offset part using my finger to add a slight wave, and then brushed the hair into a sleek ponytail at the back, mid-centre of her head.
5. Using a light treatment oil, I smoothed the lengths of the ponytail, twisted it into a tight chignon and secured with hairpins.
6. Last, I misted hair with a luminous hair spray to set the look and add red carpet-worthy shine.
* We recommend Moroccanoil hair products for styling
Try out this look and Tweet us your results at @ELLEmagazineSA