ELLE in association with BlackBerry® is looking for our 2013 Style Reporter! Our first Style Reporter’s reign has come to an end and we are once again on the hunt for that one blogger perfectly attuned to what’s new on the streets and on the catwalks – someone who can spot a trend before anyone else. Can you blog? Have you got an eye for fashion? Are you social media savvy? Is streetstyle photography what moves you? Then, move us with your work and here’s how:
1. Turn to page 28 of the August issue of ELLE and find the specifics for entering and important dates to diarise, plus top tips from our chief judge, Ed Suter!
Can’t get your hands on an August issue now? No problem, click here for what you need!
2. Create a new blog, and for your first post, communicate streetstyle at its most dynamic and exciting. You are free to choose any context but you need to shoot and convey fashion on the move, and tell us how it moves you, drawing on your creative ability and fashion knowledge. While originality and confidence are key, your post needs to be coherent and cohesive as you will also be judged on your writing and communication skills too.
So you think you’ve got what it takes? If you can blog and interact on social media platforms in a smart, creative and inspiring way, and capture fashion on the move, then here’s what you could win:
1. The title of 2013 Style Reporter in association with BlackBerry® along with a 12-month contract with ELLE and the opportunity to report for elle.co.za
2. To keep you on the go, you will also receive a monthly stipend of
3. R5 000, a Fujifilm XF-1 camera and a BlackBerry® Q5 and Z10 smartphone.
4. In addition, you will win a photography or desktop publishing course from Vega and be mentored by Ed Suter, our head judge.
5. With the title comes the opportunity for regular exposure in ELLE as well as on the social media platforms of ELLE and BlackBerry® and the chance to attend an international fashion week in 2014.
ELLE Style Reporter in association with BlackBerry® 2012 winner, Trevor Stuurman says:
‘The ELLE Style Reporter in association with BlackBerry® was my first class ticket into the fashion industry. It has been a journey of endless growth in all areas of my life. The experience has finetuned my eye for fashion and my vision as an individual. This is a one-of-a-kind search that has the priceless power to inspire. As a Style Reporter you are carefully placed right in the heart of all things inspiring and relevant in the world of fashion, the arts and culture. The opportunity to work as a member of the ELLE team, to turn my passion into a profession and to learn from the best is invaluable! Who hasn’t dreamt of learning from Jackie Burger?’
Love what you read? We thought so!
Capture fashion on the move and blog your way to a fashionable career!
Entries close 18 September 2013
Follow @ellemagazinesa on Twitter to stay in the #StyleReporter2013 loop
Images: supplied and Michelle Oberholzer of Cinder & Skylark