Entries for the ELLE Rising Star Design Award 2013 are now officially open! Here’s the scoop:
ELLE and Mr Price are searching for SA’s most talented young fashion designer. To kick-start your fashion career, launch your own label and be mentored by Mr Price – this way please!
To enter, download the entry form here and get started! Entries close 19 July 2013 – so you have just two months to catch the judges’ eye.
Here’s what you can win:
A cash prize of R25 000 from Mr Price
A mentorship programme
The opportunity to redesign a pre-determined range in collaboration with Mr Price to be sold in selected Mr Price stores
The opportunity to show a range at the 2014 ELLE Rising Star Design Awards, plus R6 500 from Mr Price towards the cost of creating the range.
The winner will be featured in and receive a year’s subscription to ELLE.
To stay in the #RisingStar2013 loop, follow @ellemagazineSA on Twitter!
So you want to know who you should impress? Meet our 10 judges here, and watch this space next week to find out more from and about our experts!
1. ELLE fashion director Poppy Evans
2. ELLE editor Jackie Burger
3. The first winner of the ELLE Rising Star Design Award in association with Mr Price, Jane Elizabeth Kotze
4. Mr Price trend director Joanne Frédéric
5. Mr Price trend executive Amber Jones
6. Designer Malcolm Kluk
7. Designer Christiaan Gabriel du Toit
8. Blogger Malibongwe Tyilo
9. Dr Tashmia Ismail from GIBS
10. Our reader judge (stay tuned to find out how you could end up on our panel of judges).