If you are just waiting to get a foot in the door at ELLE, here’s exciting news! We’re on the lookout for an online intern to work from our Cape Town office.
To be considered, you must be a South African citizen who is available to take up a full time (5 days a week, 9am-5pm) six-month internship, beginning 1 February, 2015.
And here’s what we’re looking for:
1. Ideally you are a media graduate with good writing skills, clean copy and an eye for subbing. We are looking for someone who is able to produce daily news articles at a timely pace.
2.You must have some experience in the online environment. Ideal candidates will be adept at WordPress 3.8.1 and be able to upload and format posts.
3. You should be familiar with Photoshop and be able to resize images. Any design skills are an added bonus.
4. You should be able to make your own way to our offices off Kloof Street in Gardens, Cape Town. If you do not own a car you must be willing and able to travel to any events or functions.
5. You must be available to work for the entire stated period. This is non-negotiable. You must be happy to do admin work as well as creative work.
6. You must be on the ball and up to speed with all the local fashion, beauty and lifestyle news, blogs and happenings. You should have a good nose for daily news stories.
7. You should be confident and able to represent ELLE at events, launches and functions. You should have a can-do attitude and nothing is too much trouble. We are looking for someone who takes initiative and is a quick learner.
8. You must have an interest in social media, and know social media platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
9. You must be able to spot good quality content and be full of content ideas for articles on ELLE online.
10. You must be deadline-driven and able to keep up with the pace of online content creation.
11. You must be organised, efficient and not afraid to pick up the phone and get what you’re after.
12. You must have a good eye and be able to take a good picture. Bonus candidates will be able photograph and take short video clips for online use.
The internship is paid with a small stipend. Candidates applying MUST own a laptop and be willing to use it during the 6-month internship. Ideally you will also have Photoshop on your laptop.
Still interested? Then this is what we want from you:
Maximum 2-page CV
Brief letter of motivation (150 words)
Two topical news articles of 250 words each. Please choose an interesting fashion, celebrity or beauty topic that is current and relevant. Ensure your chosen topic has not yet been covered on ELLE online. See elle.co.za for reference.
All applications must be emailed to our assistant editor digital, Holly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ELLE internship” by Friday 16 January, 2015.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed.